Substance Use Disorders: Addressing Prevention
Instructions: Individuals - please complete all fields below. Once you have completed all fields, select "Add to Cart" and then proceed to shopping cart to enter required payment information, including billing address. You will need to select the "Confirm" button on the final page for your registration to be complete. The system will display a confirmation page, which you may print, and will send you an email confirmation for your records.
Employers - If registering multiple attendees, fill out all information for first attendee and add to the cart before entering next attendee.
When and Where
Event Date: Friday, March 27, 2020
Event Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Radford University, Heth Hall, Room 043
Also live streaming to:
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon
- New College Institute in Martinsville
Fees - $0 for Students, Faculty, Professionals and Community Members
$40 for 6.0 CEU Nursing/Social Work credits
$12 for Optional Box Lunch
** Pre-registration required by March 20, 2020. Space is limited and onsite registration will not be available.
Keynote Address by Dr. Victor DeNoble:
Best known as the first whistle blower to testify before Congress about his research conducted on the tobacco industry.
- Gail M. Taylor, M.ED, Director Behavioral Health Wellness, VA Dept of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
- Richard McDougal, Recovery Advocate
- Jeffrey Wilson, M.D. Psychiatrist in Children and Adolescent Addictions
- Understand the Process of Addition from a Biological, Psychological and Social Perspective
- Reflect on A Journey of Recovery
- Define Prevention of Addiction
- Identify Evidence-Based Substance Use Prevention
- Prevention and Treatment of Children and Adolescents Substance Use
Radford University School of Nursing is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
RUSON Approval #: VNA-CEA APPROVAL NUMBER: 19-12-01P
For assistance with the registration site, please contact Radford University Conference Services: email@example.com
For inquiries about the course, please contact the School of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org.